Have you ever thought of honey as a home remedy?
Well, it is one of nature’s best products when it comes to staying healthy, relieving symptoms of illness or making us beautiful.
This natural sweetener is antibacterial and anti-fungal, not to mention, it’s super delicious!
50 Surprising Uses of Honey
Here’s a list of 50 ways you can use honey as a home remedy.
- Fight nausea
- Get shiny hair
- Relieve a burn
- Lesson diarrhea
- Reduce allergies
- Stop the hiccups
- Alleviate asthma
- Help reduce acne
- Assist in digestion
- Ease athlete’s foot
- Avoid constipation
- Get rid of dandruff
- Reduce indigestion
- Help reduce a fever
- Get over a headache
- Help avoid split ends
- Strengthen your bones
- Alkalize your pH levels
- Make your teeth whiter
- Soothe your sore throat
- Treat bronchial asthma
- Fatten up your eyelashes
- Moisturize an itchy scalp
- Get rid of a yeast infection
- Lessen hangover symptoms
- Relieve throat inflammation
- Help itchy patches of eczema
- Keep a bandage from sticking
- Moisturize or prevent dry skin
- Reduce the pain of a toothache
- Relieve a urinary tract infection
- Strengthen your immune system
- Use as a disinfectant for skin wounds
- Get your hair growing faster and thicker
- Get rid of parasites in your liver and colon
- Calm yourself down when you feel anxious
- Boost melatonin production and sleep better
- Apply to your skin when you have skin ulcers
- Boost metabolism and help weight loss efforts
- Get relief from the symptoms of food poisoning
- Get rid of stomach ulcers and the pain they cause
- Relieve sunburn and speed up the healing process
- Become more mentally alert, less tired and sluggish
- Improve blood circulation and boost your brain power
- Stimulate the growth of good bacteria in the intestines
- Ease coughing, especially at night so you will sleep better
- Lower your cholesterol levels and chances of heart disease
- Build up an immunity to hay fever and relieve the symptoms
- Boost antioxidants and protect against some forms of cancer
- Help fight the chills and shivering that comes with a cold or the flu
The health benefits of honey are staggering.
Honey is one of the best home remedies to use for a long list of surprising uses.
Warning to Parents
However, remember to check with your pediatrician before giving honey to infants and/or any young children under the age of 1 years old.
The Mayo Clinic warns that wild honey can be a potential source of infant botulism. This is a rare but serious gastrointestinal condition.
The bacteria from the spores can grow and multiply in a baby’s intestines, producing a dangerous toxin.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.