Online shopping has become a regular part of people’s lives. We purchase clothing, eye wear, books, vehicles, and even vacations online. So why not purchase prescription drugs online, too? Buying your prescription drugs online can be good for many reasons. It can allow you to find better prices, remain anonymous, and give you the convenience of shopping from the comfort of your own home. However, buying prescription drugs online is not as simple as purchasing a new pair of jeans. You need to know how to be safe when buying your prescription drugs online.
At eDrugSearch.com we take prescription safety seriously. If you aren’t taking the right prescription drugs, you could literally be playing with your life. You should always consult with your physician and have a written prescription before ordering any medications. You must also be sure to:
- Use only a licensed online pharmacy
- Use only a licensed pharmacist
- Check the ratings online pharmacies have been given by their customers
- Be on the lookout for counterfeit medications
- Be sure the online pharmacy provides its contact information, including address and phone number
- Use only online pharmacies that require a valid and traditional prescription, rather than having you fill out a questionnaire or offering to diagnose you online
- Order only medications that have been approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA)
If you are ordering from an international online pharmacy, be sure to check that they are regulated and approved according to the standards of the country, state, or province of operation and in a way that on par with U.S. standards.
Make Sure the Price is Right
You can find excellent deals when buying prescription drugs online. Prices are often better that those found in brick-and-mortar pharmacies because:
- They have no overhead costs
- You can order directly from wholesalers
- You can order from discount pharmacies
It is important to shop around to find the best possible price on any prescription drugs that you need. For example, if you have been prescribed medication for high cholesterol, then you will want to find the best price for cholesterol medications, such as Lipitor, Crestor, Pravachol, and Lescol.
Once you have ordered your medication, your job is not done. You must follow through when your prescription arrives in the mail. It should require a signature on delivery and you must check to be sure that:
- The medication name is correct
- Your name is spelled properly on the prescription label
- The dosage matches that written on the prescription
- The packaging has not been compromised
- There is a clearly-visible expiration date on the package
Trust Is Everything
Knowing that you can trust who you are ordering your prescriptions from is critical. At eDrugSearch.com, we provide you with a wide selection of the top licensed online pharmacies and we also help you get the very best drug prices. Our goal is to ensure that our customers have the best care in this time of changing healthcare coverage and rising prescription drug costs, so check out eDrugSearch today and find out how we can help you.