John Mack of Pharma Marketing News is asking who should be the next FDA commish. His survey walks you through some of the top contenders, including:
- Robert Califf, vice chancellor for clinical research and professor of medicine in the Division of Cardiology at Duke.
- Dora Hughes, Health Policy Advisor to Senator Barack Obama.
- David Kessler, former FDA Commissioner.
- Steve Nissen, cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic.
- Mary Pendergast, industry consultant who was a former associate FDA Commissioner under David Kessler.
- Peter Rost, former Pfizer VP of Marketing, now a blogger.
- Joshua Sharfstein, commissioner of the Baltimore City Health Department.
- Mike Taylor, former Deputy FDA Commissioner under Clinton
- Susan Wood, the former head of womenâ€™s health at FDA, who resigned in protest after the delay in switching the morning-after pill over-the-counter.
- Janet Woodcock, Center for Drug Evaluation & Research Director
So what are you waiting for? Vote now!