As a Ron Paul supporter named Vicki rants in his nicely done video:
- Big Pharma’s profit margins are the highest of any industry, beating even the widely perceived thievery of the commercial banks.
- Big Pharma spends more on lobbying politicians and regulatory bodies than any other industry.
- The Medicare Part D plan will hand over $800 billion of our tax dollars to the drug and health insurance industry over the next ten years.
- The elderly could end up paying more for their prescription drugs than they did before under Part D — and a majority of senior citizens could still pay over $2000 a year.
- Fully a third of the world’s people cannot afford essential drugs.
None of these facts are deniable. And yet, public outrage has been so muted by media disinformation that Big Pharma isn’t even running scared.
Then again, maybe since Glenn Beck got poor treatment at the hospital, Americans will finally stand up and do something about these problems. (Um…I’m kidding.)