There’s nothing more attractive than having a great smile. Fortunately FitLifeTV has created a video in which he shows a method for using a naturally occurring teeth whitener, turmeric, as a toothpaste to instantly create whiter teeth!
It’s important to note that while FitLifeTV doesn’t have medical proof of the effects of turmeric on teeth, WebMD references several studies showing that turmeric may have benefits as an ingredient in gum-disease preventing mouthwash.
Turmeric Teeth Whitening Recipe
The create your own turmeric toothpaste simply mix the following ingredients as shown in the video below:
- 1 teaspoon or 2 capsules of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1-2 drops of t of peppermint essential oil
There have been numerous claims that turmeric-based products can aide in teeth-whitening. One blogger, Heather from the site mommypotamus.com , claims to have completely replaced her usual whitening strips with a homemade turmeric solution.
In regards to the ill effects of chemical based whitening strips she goes as far as to say “My teeth started to ache and the tips became slightly translucent.” She claims that the negative symptoms began to subside as soon as she made the switch to a natural, turmeric-based tooth solution.
The appeal of a natural ingredient based teeth whitening solution is hard to deny, and turmeric’s health benefits just may be the answer you have been searching for.
While the medical effects of turmeric on teeth are as of now unconfirmed, there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that turmeric may be a very promising teeth-whitening agent.
All of the ingredients are safe for consumption and can be found either online or at a local grocery store.
Benefits of Turmeric Toothpaste
- Safe Consumption – One benefit of using all natural ingredients that are safe for consumption is that you don’t need to worry about accidentally swallowing the teeth-whitening solution. This is an important consideration when doing anything involving oral application.
- Turmeric helps treat many oral problems toothaches, redness in gums and gum disease because it is an anti-inflammatory and contains antioxidants and is also antimicrobial.
- There are many health benefits of coconut oil because it has high amounts of iron, vitamin E, vitamin K and is very effective in treating viruses and reducing bacteria due to the high amount of caprylic acid. The health benefits and uses of coconut oil are endless!
FitLifeTV goes into further detail about the exact steps needed to create the turmeric teeth-whitening solution, as well as tips about application and storage.
Opinions vary as to the degree of benefits to be obtained through the use of turmeric as a naturally occurring teeth-whitener.
Be sure to watch the video and decide for yourself if the teeth whitening benefits of turmeric are worth looking deeper into!
How To Whiten Your Teeth With Turmeric
Did this turmeric toothpaste whitening recipe work for you?
Please share your experience in the comments below.