We’ve been truly gratified by the response to the Healthcare 100. Here are a few comments from health and medical blogs:
- Health Care Law Blog: “The list includes many of the top health blogs and is well worth scanning if you are interested in what is happening in the world of health and medical blogs … Cary Byrd, founder of the company, gets points for his creation of the global ranking as a way to drive traffic and make others aware of edrugsearch.com. Good classic marketing to bloggers.”
- PharmaGossip: “Great idea Cary!”
- Medgadget: “The Medical blogosphere is a growing community of vital, insightful voices. We have an opportunity to fundamentally change the way health information is communicated. Medical blogs should be surveyed, scrutinized, categorized… but not ranked. But… If someone is going to rank them… We’re glad we’re at the top.”
- Fat Doctor: “I’m familiar with a few of those ranked 1-130. I’ll have to go see what makes the other blogs so much better than this one. Expect major changes around here as I try to move up the ranking. Or not. I’m not sure I care one bit!”
- Concepts in Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Rehab: “Although the site has a ranking system that may not be the most scientific, it does provide the reader with a chance to survey all the healthcare blogs now available. Remember, blogs are written by individuals or groups of individuals that are usually expressing an opinion about a particular topic. In the case of medical, healthcare, or scientific blogs, these have not undergone the scrunity of peer-review to help determine its contribution to the scientific literature. They, however, can be thought-provoking and challenging to our assumptions.”
- Open Medicine Blog: “eDrugSearch.com, a commericial online pharmacy, and free source of drug information for consumers, has come up with an ingenious marketing plan — it has come up with a list of the world’s Top 100 Medical blogs. Even if you don’t trust dot.com sites … you have to admit it garners attention.”
One note on OM Blog’s post: We’re not a commercial online pharmacy. We’re a search engine and community for online pharmacy consumers.
We’re going to work very hard to keep the Healthcare 100 current, comprehensive and accurate. Thank you for the many words of encouragement and support!