Did you know that there’s a new challenge that can transform your body in four minutes a day?
Planking is an amazing exercise that helps to increase endurance, build strength and blast away stubborn belly fat.
Wise Owl Remedies recently featured a 30 day plank challenge designed to show visible results in just under a month.
30-Day Planking Challenge Overview
For the first few days of the challenge, you simply plank for 20 seconds and you are done.
Follow the plan to slowly build up your stamina, and by the time the four weeks are over you will be planking for four minutes at a time.
TIP: If you find it hard holding still until the end — listen to your favorite music in order to distract yourself.
- Day 1 – 20 seconds
- Day 2 – 20 seconds
- Day 3 – 30 seconds
- Day 4 – 30 seconds
- Day 5 – 40 seconds
- Day 6 – REST
- Day 7 – 45 seconds
- Day 8 – 45 seconds
- Day 9 – 60 seconds
- Day 10 – 60 seconds
- Day 11 – 60 seconds
- Day 12 – 90 seconds
- Day 13 – REST
- Day 14 – 90 seconds Day
- 15 – 90 seconds
- Day 16 – 120 seconds
- Day 17 – 120 seconds
- Day 18 – 150 seconds
- Day 19 – REST
- Day 20 – 150 seconds
- Day 21 – 150 seconds
- Day 22 – 180 seconds
- Day 23 – 180 seconds
- Day 24 – 210 seconds
- Day 25 – 210 seconds
- Day 26 – REST
- Day 27 – 240 seconds
- Day 28 – 240 seconds Day 29 – 270 seconds
- Day 30 – PLANK FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!
Proper form is the key to getting stellar results, so be sure to pay close attention to the details. According to an article in Physical Living following these steps will result in perfect plank:
- Place your elbows directly under your shoulders. Proper weight distribution is important for a proper plank and placing the hands too close together can cause instability in the shoulder joint.
- Keep your back flat. You want to keep your back as close to a flat table-top position as possible. Rounding your spine can cause pressure on your neck and back which can lead to discomfort and pain. Your hips, head, and shoulders should all be in alignment.
- Keep your core tight. This will help to ensure that you get the full toning benefit of the exercise.
- Get properly adjusted. Slightly spread your legs to avoid any undue pressure on your hips. You may find that you need to adjust your feet until you feel comfortable.
- Be in control. Take slow and deliberate breaths to fully engage your core while relaxing the rest of your body.
Benefits of Planking
Although it seems like a very simple exercise, planking is a full-body workout that can provide exceptional results. Here’s what the Planking Challenge does for your body:
1.) Core Strength and Toning.
Holding a plank position requires you to engage your core in order to maintain proper form. Daily planking builds abdominal muscles and results in a tight and toned stomach.
2.) Good Posture.
Building a strong core helps to develop the balance and stability needed for good posture. As you continue to plank you will find that you naturally stand up straighter and a stronger core may also result in less back pain.
3.) Increased Flexibility
An article published by Mercola.com states that planking can help to stretch your entire body. It benefits the shoulder blades and upper back as well as your hamstrings, arches of the feet, and toes.
Planking on a regular basis helps to relax the muscles and increases overall range of motion.
While you will achieve the best results from pushing yourself and following the challenge as closely as possible, be careful not to sacrifice your form.
It’s better to hold a plank properly for a shorter amount of time than to perform an improper plank for longer.
Watch the video below for more details on proper planking, then challenge your friends to join you.
See How to Do a Plank Properly
Have you tried the 30-Day Planking Challenge?
Please share your results in the comments below ⬇